QEP Resources (QEP) is active in developing various Pennsylvanian age formations in the Texas Panhandle, including the Granite Wash, Atoka Wash, Caldwell and Cherokee zones. The company disclosed the following details on its operations here during the second quarter of 2011.
- The Moore 10W #3H and Moore 10W #4H wells were completed into the Atoka Wash and put onto sales. These wells are located in Wheeler County and are considered uneconomic by the company.
- The Morrison 33 #6H was drilled and completed to the Caldwell zone and produced at a peak rate of 2,480 barrels of oil and natural gas liquids and 5.5 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.
- QEP Resources conducted further testing of the Franklin 46 #1-H well drilled and completed in the Cherokee zone and determined that the target formation was water bearing.
- QEP Resources reported average net production during the second quarter of 2011 of 43 million cubic feet per day from 43 producing Granite Wash and related wells.
- QEP Resources will operate only one rig during the third and fourth quarters of 2011 as the company evaluates the results of offset wells.